other_stuff.h | [was: Review Request for KDecoration]

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Nov 11 16:06:53 GMT 2014

On Thursday 06 November 2014 15:14:52 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> decorationshadow.h
> ------------------
> QSize topLeft() etc. etc.:
> a) shadow->topLeft() does not sound like a size
> b) the entire information (9 tiles) can also be provided by two rects
> (innerRect, outerRect) c) with a conv. func.

just pushed two changes regarding the DecorationShadow:
1) uses QMargins for the padding values
2) uses a QRect "innerShadowRect" for the element sizes. There is no need for
an "outerRect" as that information is encoded in the QImage. I kept the
accessors "topLeft" and co to have the calculation directly there, so that
backends don't have to calculate themselves. Obviously that only partially
solves the problem of your point a). In case you have better naming
suggestions please let me know.

Cheers
Martin