Question about currencies

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue May 6 00:02:59 BST 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at kde.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a question about the currency features. In KLocale, you can get
> KCurrencyCode for the current locale, which is fine.
> Now, for KMyMoney we need to get the list of all currencies for all
> countries (since a user usually deals with multiple currencies).
>
> I haven't found an API for this, only the KLocale one for current
> locale. Is there any other way to access the list of currencies?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

I don't really know much about the issue, but after having gone through
similar code I think that your best bet is on using KStandardDirs (or
QStandardPaths) to find the currencies directory and use QDir to list them.

Aleix

PS: I think KCurrencyCode is being deprecated for KF5, you might want to
see what's the alternatives too.