Moving Baloo forward

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 19 22:44:01 GMT 2014

El Divendres, 17 de gener de 2014, a les 17:50:38, Vishesh Handa va escriure:
> Hey Albert
>
> Thanks for sending this email.
>
> On Friday 17 January 2014 01:47:17 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi guys, seems we have reached a kind of impasse regarding what to do with
> > Baloo and Nepomuk. Since the 4.13 freeze is coming sooner than you think
> > (less than 6 weeks) I'd like to try to get it moving again.
> >
> > Here comes my proposal:
> >
> > Create a wiki where you clearly explain:
> >  * What is Baloo
> >  * Why Nepomuk is unfixable
> >  * What's the strategy of migrating Nepomuk data to Baloo
> >  * Can Nepomuk and Baloo run together? If so does data flow both ways? No
> >
> > way? One way?
> >
> >  * For each application that we know uses nepomuk
> >
> >   - Is it going to be ported? When?
> >   - If not ported can it still run the same with nepomuk installed?
> >   - If not ported what's the harm if nepomuk is not installed?
> >
> >  * What is the support plan for Baloo based in kdelibs4 once KF5 is
> >
> > released?
> >
> > I guess that most of the answers can be extracted from the emails of the
> > discussion, but having a central place that people can go and read surely
> > helps.
>
> http://community.kde.org/Baloo
>
> Could someone please prooof read this page and let me know where it can be
> improved?

http://community.kde.org/Baloo/NepomukPort

misses lots of stuff of plasma-mobile, share-like-connect, rekonq, ktp,
tellico.

Found in http://lxr.kde.org/search?filestring=&string=nepomuk

Can you please find out about them and add the information?

Not found there but found by grepping my 4.11 branch of kde-workspace,
nepomuksearch runner, containmentactions/switchactivity, dataengines/metadata.

I am interested what is your plan for kde-workspace since it's frozen at 4.11.

Also are you sure you can finish all that in 5 weeks?

Cheers,
  Albert