Please review QAccessibilityClient

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Fri Jan 3 21:09:04 GMT 2014

Hi,

Mario Fux asked if I could make a release of libqaccessibilityclient. When I started this
little lib it was seemingly KDE only but with a bit of help, mostly from Sebastian
Sauer it became a nice little Qt only lib.

It makes writing accessibility tools easy by providing a convenient API over the rather
tedious DBus AT-SPI "standard". That means it works with Gnome, KDE/Qt apps and
potentially others. Simon started to depend on it and the KWin focus tracking works
with it as well.

There is a fun example app that comes with the lib, it demonstrates a bit what the
library provides. There are two classes "Registry" to provide the subscription to
changes and "AccessibleObject" which represents one widget.
Together they give a lot of information about running apps and are a nice basis for
further helpful technology.

The code can be found here:
git://anongit.kde.org/libkdeaccessibilityclient

I haven't had much time to work on it, but spent a bit of time cleaning it up today.
The functions are generally documented and I'd be very happy about
feedback/reviews.

If there are no major blockers/improvement suggestions I'd like to make a release
soon. If someone is looking for a fun and interesting new task, I would be happy with
some help to get this baby out.

Greetings,
Frederik