KAccounts move into extragear/base

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:50:09 GMT 2014

Hello,

I'd like to move the KAccounts project out of playground into
extragear/base (with a stop in kdereview), more precisely the repositories
kaccounts-integration, kaccounts-providers and signon-kwallet-extension
(all at kde: ).

KAccounts is the continuation of WebAccounts/KDE Accounts/Accounts project
started by Alex Fiestas. It's a suite of kded module, kcm module, a support
library and some plugins to provide a one single central place to set up
any kinds of accounts, build on top of Accounts-SSO project [1]. This will
be used as the only way to set up KDE Telepathy accounts in its frameworks
version and is intended to handle PIM/Akonadi accounts as well (currently
it's tested on the Facebook resource and I need to talk with the PIM team
about how it will fit into the new Akonadi rewrite). Adding new account
types is easy, it's just a matter of two XML files and a UI plugin.

KAccounts-providers is only a data repository, it contains the various XML
files needed for some basic accounts like Google and Facebook.

Signon-kwallet-extension is a plugin for signond (the upstream daemon) to
store secretes in kwallet.

There's a guide how to set it all up at
https://community.kde.org/KTp/Setting_up_KAccounts

Ticket for move into kdereview has been filed, so please give it a look

[1] - http://code.google.com/p/accounts-sso/

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer