Adopting AppData in KDE?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Nov 2 15:41:29 GMT 2013

On Saturday 02 November 2013 12:53:14 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Okay... Couple of questions:
>
> * screenshot: which theme/color scheme should be used (btw, for Krita, on
> Gnome3, Plastique is hard-coded, because other themes are broken.)
You want to sell your app to the user: use what makes it look best. In the
case of Krita I would say:
* Oxygen widget style
* Krita dark color scheme
* KWin color scheme adjusted to take the same color scheme

For us in KDE I would suggest that we set up rules on how the screenshot has
to be taken, it's impressive how wrong people can use ksnapshot ;-) (I have
seen screenshots with KSnapshot capturing itself during the fade-out animation
also very common is to capture the transition period between active/inactive
app).

Cheers
Martin