R: Re: R: [kartesio] src: Fix some strings

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon May 13 10:55:21 BST 2013

Sat, 11 May 2013 19:25:36 +0300 було написано LucaTringali
<TRINGALINVENT at libero.it>:

> Talking about the translation, BackProp and GenAlg, in my opinion,
> shouldn't
> be translated: they are commonly used in many countries (in Italy we use
> them
> too) by anybody usually works with neural networks. It would be like
> translating "Okay" or "UFO": those are English espressions that are
> common in a
> lot of countries.

Hi,

The above mentioned arguments should not be considered as general truth.

I can only tell about Ukrainian and Russian literature, but these terms
are almost never used as they are in English here. This can be easily seen
(if you know something about Cyrillic script) by Wikipedia articles [1]
and [2]. Some authors even consider the first one as invented in Cyrillic.
;)

And by the way, "UFO" is always translated as "НЛО".

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Метод_зворотного_поширення_помилки

[2] http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Генетичний_алгоритм