GetHotNewStuff for shortcut schemes

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun May 12 08:40:21 BST 2013

On Thursday 04 October 2012 01:26:35 Martin Sandsmark wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After seeing some talk about default shortcuts in KDevelop (people wanting
> Visual Studio-like shortcuts by default), I thought it would be neat if
> users easily could download specialized shortcut schemes. Unfortunately I
> can't find any way to import shortcut schemes, though there seems to be
> support for exporting them (though trying to use it crashes KDevelop pretty
> instantly).

Yeah, so the first step is to fix the support for importing them :)

> So, is this a cool idea? Should all shortcut schemes be grouped together, or
> should they be grouped per-app? Anything else I haven't thought about?

Per app, I would say. The shortcut for kdevelop's "compile" action doesn't
make sense in kmail :)

More precisely, I would like to use a kdevelop shortcut scheme that makes it
shortcut-compatible with QtCreator (I set it up locally like that), and that
shouldn't affect shortcuts in other KDE applications.