K(Abstract)FileItemActionPlugin

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 13:28:44 BST 2013

On Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013 14:13:06 CEST, Frank Reininghaus wrote:

> Yes, that's what I meant, but im my experience, changing the status of
> a bug to NEEDSINFO is in most cases equivalent to closing, because the
> reporter will not respond, and the bug stays in the NEEDSINFO state
> forever.

The bug is technically closed in this state (ie you also won't find it browsing or whatever) and it's more true than "invalid" or "wontfix" etc.

Fact is: there's some reported issue that requires more info in order to be a usable bugreport.

Matter of preference, but you don't know how the particular user will react and if you "resolved: invalid" he'll be rather pissed (esp. as it's on the top of the mail and he'll be too pissed to read the explanation) while actually could have been very assisting on tracking it down (hint: that's *clearly* distro specific)

Cheers,
Thomas