openSUSE packagers' take on the 3 month release cycle

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Tue Jul 9 14:07:33 BST 2013

On 2013-07-09, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
>> there would not be any problem. But reality diverges :(
>
> I'm all for fixing this in at least KDE SC. That way if/when we have
> shorter releases you can have some kind of guarantee that you will not
> encounter strange behaviours like the one you described.

try get okular source code (Or another app that has been around since
forever)

then install midnight commander (mc) and set the right pane to
quickview.

Now you can see in the right  pane all the various licensing headers
while you in the left pane scrolls tthur the files.

Try also libkdcraw. or kdepim.

But all this is mostly old code. Looking at something new like
nepomuk-core or okteta, the licensing is quite clear and conformant to
be automatically figured out.

/Sune