KDE Review: Kor - a minimalistic desktop shell

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Feb 5 20:27:53 GMT 2013

On Tuesday 05 of February 2013, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> 'Big Forehead' in portuguese.

 ROTFL. I should make up an odd story based on this (BTW, 'cor' also
apparently means 'odd' in Irish).

 So, as you might have noticed, it has almost become a tradition that SUSE
people use odd names whenever they create any KDE-related: Meinproc,
unsermake, icecream, and I'm sure I'm missing a few more. And since KHotKeys,
as much as it was an odd misnomer, didn't quite have a ring to it, I tried
harder this time.

 But if that's not a good story, an odd tortoise that simply wanted its good
ole desktop back is fine with me too.

> 2013/2/5 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>
> > El Dilluns, 4 de febrer de 2013, a les 10:24:53, Martin Sandsmark va
> > escriure:
> > > Kor is a simple and minimalistic desktop shell with support for
> > plasmoids,
> > > plasma wallpapers, etc., but also its own minimalistic plugins/widgets.
> > >
> > > It is an option for those with low-end hardware or who don't need a
> > > full Plasma desktop.
> > >
> > > It has no configuration UI, and relies on hand-edited configuration
> > files.
> >
> > "Kor Testudo Shell"
> >
> > does Testudo mean something?

 It's a name, I had to name it something. As long as there's nothing actually
wrong with the name, I just use it and don't care what the name is.

 PS: Although, thinking about it, you had me wondering for a moment why you
hadn't asked about 'Kor'.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz