KDE Continuous Integration (build.kde.org) outage

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 22:50:34 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 26 de novembro de 2012 00.54.39, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Just a quick notice that due to Qt breaking their ABI it is now
>> necessary for build.kde.org (Jenkins) to initiate a rebuild of all
>> binaries.
>> This will take a long time to complete unfortunately, I suspect ~24 - 48
>> hours.
>>
>> An excerpt of the failure log is below, prior to the rebuild.
>> /srv/jenkins/install/kde/kdelibs/KDE/4.10/lib64/libkio.so.5: undefined
>> reference to `QFutureInterfaceBase::refT() const'
>> /srv/jenkins/install/kde/kdelibs/KDE/4.10/lib64/libkio.so.5: undefined
>> reference to `QFutureInterfaceBase::derefT() const'
>
> The Qt breakage was corrected upstream.

As it turns out, the correction in this case was the cause of this
breakage. Somehow the original breakage (which was built and deployed
by build.kde.org 3 builds ago) did not have any impact upon the
system, yet the revert of the breakage caused this.

The full rebuild I initiated should finish inside the next few hours
hopefully, after which it should be reliable again.

> Please make sure you rebuild everything with the latest, otherwise we're going
> to see this again next week.

Regards,
Ben