Binary compatiblity for liboxygenstyle.so

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:37:05 GMT 2012

Am 25.02.2012, 19:28 Uhr, schrieb Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org>:

> On Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:42:13 AM Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
>
>> > I tend to think proper soversion bumping would be a good solution.
>>
>> In both cases it does not fix (sorry for repeating myself) the true
>> issue, which is that your plugin_path is not consistent with your
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Both you and Thomas believe the problem is on my side, namely my
Please don't place my name next to the word "believe", looks weird. Thanks
;-)

I just said "ppl. should better have their env in shape" in an answer to
"what would crashing oxygen be good for" - that didn't refer to anything
or anybody specific.

> [..]

> So it tries to open the plugin from /usr/ even though the variables and
> Trolltech.conf being configured correctly.

> Tell me what do I do wrongly, and I'm willing to apologize and fix my
> system.

try
QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/kde4/lib64/kde4/plugins:/usr/lib64/kde4/plugins strace
kwrite --style oxygen 2>&1 | grep -i oxygen | grep open
                                   ^^^^^^ good path ^^^^^^^^^^   ^^^ bad
path ^^^^^^^^^

Works as expected here, ie prints:
open("/usr/share/icons/oxygen/index.theme",
O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE|O_CLOEXEC) = 9
open("/opt/kde4/lib/kde4/plugins/styles/oxygen.so", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) =
10
open("/opt/kde4/lib/liboxygenstyle.so.4", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 10
[... more stuff from my user oxygenrc]

(I've my trunk in /opt/kde4 and no second installation of the icons theme)

Next try the same with some plain QApplication to ensure there's not sth.
in KApplication kicking in.
Last thing i could think of would be some broken lib/lib64 heuristics.

Cheers,
Thomas