Nepomuk Metadata Extractor moved to KDE Review

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Sun Dec 2 20:05:08 GMT 2012

So it's been a while and I've changed "most" part of what was
suggested. (thanks for the hints again)

The program changed its name to "Nepomuk-WebMiner" for better
indication what it actually does and it respects the users privacy as
well as not to bog the system to much in the default behaviour. Also
all pre-generated headers are removed now.

As Sebastian mentioned in his last mail, a few things are left in
order to get this into KDE SC.
But as I aim for Extragear at the moment, I'll leave them for now.

My plan for the future:
* rename the git repo to nepomuk-webminer (together with the move to extragear)

* figure out how to integrate all parts better into nepomuk core for 4.11
** I will "remove" my resource extarctors and add the last missing
parts (pdf/odf extraction, filename stuff) to the nepomuk-core
fileindexer
** Integrate the fetching status into the nepomuk systray
** Combine the KCM with the Nepomuk's kcm (as far as I remember
vishesh wanted to change this anyway)
** And check how the webextractors can be integrated better.
** and possible more...

All this is the plan for 4.11, but I haven't looked into it to check
how exactly I like to do all of this.

So in case no one has any objections,
I will ask the sysadmins next weekend to move this into Extragear/base