Setting up a Quality Team within KDE

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Apr 11 12:48:55 BST 2012

On Tuesday 10 April 2012 6:38:52 PM Michael Jansen wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 09:20:57 AM Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 April 2012 7:42:48 AM Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > A new mailing list has been set up in order to discuss all this: please
> > > subscribe to it if you would like to be part of this
> > > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-testing
> > > An IRC channel also was created on Freenode:
> > > #kde-quality
> > >
> > > Please join the mailing list and the IRC channel so we can setup a plan
> > > to start putting all this in gear!
> >
> > Let's please end this discussion about the various tools and stuff here on
> > k-c-d.
> >
> > If you want to talk about those things, please use the new kde-testing
> > mailing list or the IRC channel which are dedicated to the broader topic.
>
> I am starting to get annoyed by that please follow me to the secluded place
> over there so noone can listen in thing that is creeping up in kde.
>
> I do no consider this ml a to high volume one and this stuff is in my opinion
> exactly what this list should be about. By moving the discussion out of here
> you just guarantee that whatever is chosen will sit in obscurity like before.
>
> Because i won't follow you. And i guess some others won't either.

I don't get your objection.

Well, I sorta do.

I agree that CDash vs. Jenkins vs. Foo is a valid topic for core-devel.

But  KDE Quality Testing is a valid subproject, not of interest
to everyone, and therefore should be discussed in separate channels,
as per our time-honored tradition.

Partly this is a matter of not knowing exactly what KDE Quality Testing is all about yet.