The future of Power Management - together with Activities

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Oct 2 09:51:09 BST 2011

On Sunday 2 October 2011 10:14:06 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hmm, that means I have to learn about activities if I ever want to watch
> a movie while I'm without ac... I don't really like that, especially
> since I only do this seldomly and I don't use activities otherwise and
> hence always have to check again how this worked.

Well don't forget the whole picture, there's more than *only* the activities
integration in the approach presented by Dario. You'll still have the ability
to inhibit the power management using a button, and to dim the screen with a
slider directly at the applet. For this kind of seldom changes of behavior it
just fits the bill perfectly IMO.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net