Review Request: Fix for connecting to FTP sites through HTTP proxy

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:53:15 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 09 March 2011 20:06:40 Dawit A wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 March 2011, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> >> proxiedBy always returns true since ftp.protocol no longer contains a
> >> "ProxiedBy=" entry.
> >
> > Yes it does, of course. But the point of the additional if() is to not go
> > into that code block for other procotols, like HTTP, FISH, and so on.
>
> I meant to say "always returns false". KProtocolInfo::proxiedBy(...)
> always returns an empty string for FTP. I just looked at the log for
> ftp.protocol file and it seems that Andreas had mistakenly removed the
> "proxiedBy=" statement from the ftp.protocol file. See
>
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdelibs.git&a=commit&h=7b61621c023db80af888a12be
> 7fcb9fd6c9a6fb8
>
> As such the changes the fix I committed current does not fix the
> problem. FTP over HTTP proxy still does not work. Anyhow, if the
> incorrect commit mentioned above gets reverted, the problem away. Any
> objections with me doing that ?

I was thinking proxiedBy= was there to somehow involve the HTTP ioslave in
proxied FTP transactions because the HTTP (and SOCKS IIRC) proxy
implementation was there.
What I gather from this thread is that some HTTP proxies present FTP in HTML
format... I think you have to be careful not to break FTP over SOCKS proxy if
you make any changes here.
proxiedBy should probably be per proxy protocol now.