Requested Moratorium on hard to build dependency bumps for KDE 5

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 23:48:20 BST 2011

On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 08:29:51 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> First Phonon.
> Phonon GStreamer - whilst installable, crashes applications on startup
> - and is therefore unusable. This effectively removes the capability
> to have multimedia playback using a KDE application.

I have used Phonon GStreamer exclusively for aeons now... but without
PulseAudio. It has only bitten me once in the 2-3 years I can remember using
it exclusively.

On the other hand, I only use JuK and the normal KDE notification sounds.
YMMV, but I just wanted to throw out that it's possible to get phonon-gst to
work, I'm not sure what would be happening different on your system though.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne