svn-merge.py and git

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Sun Feb 6 14:52:02 GMT 2011

On Sunday 06 February 2011 15:47:05 Arno Rehn wrote:
> On Sunday 06 February 2011 14:13:57 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> > my idea at that
> > time was that oxygen-transparent would get merged back to trunk/master at
> > some point, but this will not happen
>
> Slighty off-topic, but why's that? I've always looked forward to seeing
> oxygen-transparent being officially in kdebase.

Slightly off-topic indeed :)

Reasons are:
- kwin is not yet ready to support fully transparent windows (and notably its
blur pluggin),

- oxygen-transparent breaks many apps (notably most video players), and
therefore needs a blacklist, which is not up to the standards of official KDE

- design wise, oxygen's designers (well Nuno, to name people), don't believe
that transparency should be part of the official oxygen, branding-wise.

Since the dev (me) does (mostly) agree with all three items above, the matter
is settled :)