4.7 mergable into frameworks. No need to cherry-pick

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:28:01 BST 2011

David Faure wrote:

> On Friday 26 August 2011 12:04:29 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I merged the 4.7 branch into frameworks recently. Now it's easy to merge
>> again, so no need to cherry-pick when you fix things in 4.7. You can
>> merge instead.
>
> OK, how do I do that exactly? Commit in 4.7, fetch in frameworks, then
> what? git merge KDE/4.7?

git checkout KDE/4.7
vi somefile
git commit -am hacking
git push
git checkout frameworks
git merge KDE/4.7
git push

We don't have to make one commit on 4.7 == one merge into frameworks.

We can just delay the merge and do it once a day or week. No one is using
frameworks, so we just need to make sure the commits get in eventually or
before it becomes hard to merge.