kdeinit

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sun Aug 21 21:07:05 BST 2011

On 21/08/11 15:23, John Layt wrote:
> So lets turn that on its head. Lets write a statement saying why we
> need a spec and what it needs to achieve. Mention we have an existing
> solution that would be a good starting point, but don't actually
> detail it. Then send that to xdg and Gnome and Unity and anyone else
> asking who are the right pople to talk to. Hopefully those people then
> decide it's a good thing and agree to work together to develop a
> standard. If they're not interested then we get to draft it ourselves
> knowing there can be no complaints.

On the other hand, what's the point of creating a "cross-desktop
standard" without anyone involved from other desktops?  We're just
creating a KDE standard and slapping a "cross-desktop" label on it,
which is kind of missing the point.

Although KGlobalAccel could really do with a nicer D-Bus API.

Alex