My Plans, Your Plans: Berlin Desktop Summit

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Aug 1 21:50:57 BST 2011

On Sunday 31 Jul 2011 02:01:57 Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Alex Fiestas wrote:
> > ยท Draft a plan for colord integration (next thing after krandr is fixed)
>
> That better be optional at runtime :) There aren't that many people who
> care about color profiles (but we really need the functionality for those
> who do).

Current policy is all new requirements must be optional unless otherwise
approved on this list, so no worries there.

Anyway, there's a BoF scheduled on Color Management as part of the printing
stream, but it's intended to cover the end-to-end process so all are welcome.

And just a reminder that besides colord there is an existing KDE color
management solution http://www.oyranos.org/ that is under active development,
so perhaps we should aim for supporting generic interfaces and standards
rather than a particular implementation.

Cheers!

John.