Filelight into kdereview (again)

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Sep 16 22:01:24 BST 2010

Am Sonntag, 12. September 2010, um 20:07:02 schrieb Martin Sandsmark:
> Hi!
>
> I'm going to attempt this again; moving Filelight into kdeutils (last time
> I unfortunately didn't have spare time to fix all the outstanding issues).
> Now I'm mostly finished with the volunteer work at the student society,
> and the early-semester buzz at the uni has quieted down, and I hope to
> have more time to spend working on fun things. :-)
>
> Thanks to Friedrich for the last review, and also for fixing a lot of the
> issues he raised. :-)
> (Also thanks to everyone else who has helped out.)
>
> AFAICS, the only unsolved issue left (from Friedrich's last review) is the
> feature request for a more complete tooltip for files and folders, but I
> don't think it's really a vital feature to have (though I have written it
> up on my todo-list).
>
> So if the good people of KDE would be so kind as to look over Filelight and
> the documentation, I would be most pleased.
>
> To help you check it out, here's the SVN URLs:
> svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdereview/filelight
> and
> svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdereview/doc/filelight

Building and trying to start filelight in konsole gives this output here:

$ filelight
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid
main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to
call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should
not do that since it most likely will not work
QMutex::lock: Deadlock detected in thread 140359722129248

Please read this thread:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=128441390620385&w=2

Thanks.

--