How to enter an email address

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Oct 9 14:02:25 BST 2010

On Saturday 09 October 2010, Christoph Feck wrote:
> On Friday 08 October 2010 20:37:04 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was just wondering if there is a simple _and_ correct solution
> > for an "enter an email address" widget. In KGpg I use a simple
> > KLineEdit and
>
> I think the simplest is probably using QRegExpValidator. Google
> should know a correct "email regexp".

I suggest reading "I Knew How To Validate An Email Address Until I Read
The RFC"
http://haacked.com/archive/2007/08/21/i-knew-how-to-validate-an-email-
address-until-i.aspx

Afterward you will hopefully agree that you should use what our experts
in this field provide in kdepimlibs instead of trying to come up with a
suboptimal solution involving a regular expression.

Regards,
Ingo