KDE Platform 2011 Sprint

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 19 19:41:15 GMT 2010

hi all...

because we need to get this going, i've started a wiki page for a currently
theoretical dev sprint for the KDE Platform (kdelibs + kdebase-runtime,
primarily) for spring 2011:

	http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11

we should aim for a mix of kdelibs / kdebase-runtime commiters from the last
2-4 years, some app devs (to keep some app focused ballance), some Qt people
(since we may walk out with new goals for the relationship between the KDE
Platform and Qt), and some packagers (since decisions made at this sprint will
likely impact them and its time we stopped springing surprised on our
downstreams).

if you'd like to attend, please add your name to the table.

if you'd like to attend and have a topic that is eating at and/or fascinating
you that is relevant to the KDE Platform, please add it to the topics area (we
can prune later).

what i have _not_ done yet:

* asked for funding from KDE e.V.; it's just too early for that yet

* found a location, or even started looking for one

* determined a date

* set up a pre-sprint meeting to outline goals prior to the sprint

* volunteered to do the logistical organizing (and trust me, it's probably
better if i don't do that; it's just not something i'm very good at)

this is just the first tentative step making this rather needed event happen.
please join in to make it a success.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se