removal of KWhatsThisManager?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat May 15 11:41:27 BST 2010

On Friday 14 May 2010, Markus wrote:
> Does anybody even use the "What's this?" at all?
> IMHO that whole thing is an outdated concept from the Win95 days. Is
> there some firm usability data on that topic?

I have used it just the other day to get some info on some of Kate's
settings. The "What's this" descriptions did help me understand the
meaning of those settings. OTOH, if we had good user manuals then
pressing the Help button would give me the same information. The problem
with the user manuals is that the "What's this" text are sometimes added
by the developers while developers rarely update the user manuals (at
least in kdepim). Therefore, at the moment, the user manuals are no
alternative to the "What's this" help. (Of course, all of this is IMHO.)

Regards,
Ingo