KDE Observatory applet and data engine moved to kdereview

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Tue May 11 19:08:26 BST 2010

> Your are adding strings that are going to be shown to the user. That is bad,
> examples (you have more):
>  i18n("Commit History") + " - " + i.key()
>  i18n("Last update: ") + QDateTime::currentDateTime().toString("dd/MM/yyyy
> hh:mm:ss")
>  "<html><body><h5>" + testName + ' ' + QString::number(rank) + ' ' +
> i18np("error", "errors", rank) + "<ul>"  <-- woa for this one ;-)
>  i18n("Krazy report not found: ") + QUrl::fromPercentEncoding(storedJob-
>>url().prettyUrl().toUtf8())
>
> Please use the proper %x arguments.

Done !

> Also i'm concerned about the usage of QDate[Time].toString() hardcoding the
> format there, we have KLocale for that. And i can say that

Sure, I'd already used it in commit history horizontal label. Just
forgot in "Last update" :).
Done !

> TimeScaleDraw::label raises a huge warning flag for me too.

Space is quite limited in commit history axis to display the date's
year. I could use KDateTime directly
but I found no way to get just day and month format from current
locale. I just need to know the
day-month precedence in current date format. But, yes, this is going
to fail if dateFormatShort()
changes to return something different from "%Y-%m-%d".

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,
Sandro