KShortcutWidget margins/paddings

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 21:41:28 BST 2010

On Sunday 20 June 2010 20:33:18 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've problems with KShortcutWidget, it's margins/paddings are too huge and
> I don't know what to do about it. See e.g. this screenshot:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/milianw/4705488287/
>
> It's a simple QFormLayout and the label to the left is completely unaligned
> due to the margins/paddings in the shortcut widget.
>
> Any hints on what to do to improve the visuals there?

As the author of this widget:
The widget is used in less than maybe ten places in KDE, so fixing it might be
feasible. In most cases removing the margins (or padddings) should do no harm.
It is a composite widget but supposed to be used as one, so it should have no
more margins than non-composite widgets.
Can you try fixing the margins in KShortcutWidget and see if this works for
you? I can then test (most of) the other places where it's used and possibly
commit the fix. Of course, if you feel like doing that part as well, I won't
stop you ;)

Cheers,
Andreas