Crashes on closing applications

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Sun Jul 11 15:14:56 BST 2010

Am Sunday 11 July 2010 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> I just wonder why this is libstdc++-v3, openSuSE 11.2 uses gcc 4.4 by
> default?
I don't think the libstdc++ version ever changed since gcc3 (and indeed, it's
-v3 on gcc 4.5 as well)

The whole thing looks quite like a memory ("0x6" ...) corruption, but testing

gcc -O[n] std_string_seg.cpp -lstdc++ -o std_string_seg | n = 0-3

on the -plain std::string, no KDE- attachment doesn't fail at all
(i however don't know how -optimized- my libstdc++ was compiled)

So this is either in the particular OpenSuSE libstdc++ or an overflow in some
KDE lib.

I also attached a binary, compiled and linked on arch, 32bit x86, gcc4.5
prerelease, -O2, lisbstdc++.so.6.0.14 - maybe test it with gdb

Thomas