kmix PulseAudio support

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:09:50 GMT 2010

2010/1/7 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
> 'Twas brillig, and Christian Esken at 07/01/10 01:09 did gyre and gimble:
>>> Well I currently show one category - the "Events" one. This is done also
>>> in gnome and as event sounds are short lived it can be tricky to catch
>>> them individually so they are hidden and only the common slider is
>>> shown. I'll probably get round to showing other categories too, but this
>>
>> A control that only appears for a short time would confuse me.
>
> It seems to be a pretty standard feature these days. We've been doing it
> for years in pavucontrol and gnome-volume-control also has had per-app
> volume sliders for a while.
>
> All of those sliders that come and go are kept under the "Playback
> Streams" tab, so it's pretty obvious to the user what they are. The
> application name is shown too, and I hope to put the application icon
> into it eventually too.

I don't know much about other details but here I totally agree.

I really want to see only currently playing applications. Not
something I've run once month ago, that would cause huge mess in KMix.
That's totally normal, comfortable, intuitive and expected for me.
Maybe you can compare this to tasks panel: you see only currently
running apps, that would be extremely silly to display applications
that you were running some, some, some time ago.

--
Rafał