kbuildsycoca4 manpage documentation in kdelibs/doc

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 03:00:02 GMT 2010

On Monday 04 January 2010 17:43:45 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Does kbuildsycoca4 really read *.kimgio files?
> Afaik it only reads *.desktop and *.protoco files, I am not sure about the
> *.directory files.
>
> In which dirs does kbuildsycoca4 look for these files?

The behavior appears to be driven by various KSycocaFactory instances which
are used in kbuildsycoca.cpp (in kdelibs/kded), including:

servicetypes (*.desktop)
xdgdata-mime (*.xml)
services (*.desktop)
services (*.protocol)

(from what I see in ::recreate)

It appears .directory files (those in the "apps") used to be listed but are
not anymore, instead being handled by code in vfolder_menu.cpp that uses the
contents of the xdgconf-menu directory (which seem to be *.menu XML files)

David Faure could probably tell you better though but it appears the manpage
could definitely use some updating :)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne