Permission to backport Content-Disposition fixes to 4.4

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sat Feb 20 09:26:07 GMT 2010

Germain Garand wrote:
> Le jeudi 18 février 2010, Rolf Eike Beer a écrit :
> > Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I would like to backport a bunch of fixes from trunk to 4.4.1 that
> > > touch the parsing of Content-Disposition HTTP headers.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Is that silence just "go ahead" or am I already in everyones killfile?
> >
> > Eike
>
> The patches look correct as in well-written, but clearly I couldn't help
> reviewing the actual conformance to spec...
>
> So I just went through the set of tests at greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231 that
> is quite exhaustive, and I can confirm your set of patches makes a bunch
> of those pass that didn't previously.
> I tested all tests and couldn't observe a regression[*]

Well, these results are already linked on that site as I put them in my blog
;) http://der-dakon.net/blog/KDE/konqueror-kicking-ass-again.html

Most of this stuff is exactly what is covered by the unittests as those helped
my getting all this stuff correct.

> (*) btw, the 'dispext' test still didn't seem to work, though the code in
> trunk seems to imply it should... it is still opened inline for me.

That should have been covered by r1073825. Looks like someone down the stack
again checks for "inline or not" instead of using serverSuggestsSave().

Eike