Move kppp away from kdenetwork

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Aug 16 15:27:01 BST 2010

On Monday, 2010-08-16, Eckhart Wörner wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Am Montag, 16. August 2010, 14:04:36 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> > I sometimes find kppp to behave better for mobile broadband than
> > NetworkManager, e.g. faster on detecting connection loss and re-dialing.
> >
> > Occasionally I also need it if I need more control over setup options.
> > E.g. when resuming I sometimes have to re-insert my PCCard UMTS modem and
> > it gets a new device node. NM doesn't handle that correctly and its UI
> > doesn't allow to specify a device name.KPPP's UI does.
>
> slightly off-topic, but did you file a bug report?

I have do admit I didn't.
Using NM for dial up was more an experiement, I knew my KPPP setup would work
but wanted to check if NM could do it as well.

Didn't have time back the to investigate and I would consider that a
requirement for a good bug report.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring