virtuoso-t process going crazy

Michael Jansen info at michael-jansen.biz
Thu Aug 12 10:46:51 BST 2010

Am 12.08.2010 00:54, schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 11.08.10 21:53:58, Michael Jansen wrote:

>> Those trigger are only guesses. So my question is:
>>
>> 1. Has someone an idea what happens?
>> 2. Has someone an idea how to stop it?
>
> - don't install virtuoso
> - don't run virtuoso
> - don't run nepomuk
>
> Yes all of them including loosing the semantic desktop-stuff.

I consider that response lacking any useful contribution to the
conversation. And i wonder why.

>From my message you could have extrapolated facts:

1. I actuall took the effort to provide virtuoso. Which can be
interpreted as "I want that semantic desktop stuff"

2. I'm experiencing problems with it and I AM WILLING TO HELP SOLVE them.

I already fixed one endless loop in the pdf parser that stuck strigi at
100% for me.

Not using that stuff is not helpful in any way. I consider it a great
idea and useful too and hope it will position itself more prominently in
kde and my face so i can reap the benefits from the infrastructure set.
The two things i currently find lacking is the visibilty of it and the
problems with CPU usage i experience. Not using it will improve neither
of those points.

So i wonder what this email is supposed to tell me or anyone else?

Mike