Choosing the qt tree to file merge requests

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Sep 12 15:56:13 BST 2009

On September 12, 2009, Christoph Feck wrote:
> On Saturday 12 September 2009 13:23:17 Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op Saturday 12 September 2009 03:15 schreef u:
> > > There's been some discussion about making KDE 4.4 depend on Qt 4.6,
> > > but I didn't see any consensus.
> >
> > There is imho consensus: we will depend on it.
>
> Not sure how upgrading Qt was handled before, but would it make sense to
>  sync "qt-copy" with Qt 4.6 tp1 so that we can start giving feedback to
>  Nokia? Maybe not requiring it right now, but some kind of "mass regression
>  test".

i would personally appreciate this. it will give us more time to get Qt 4.6
testing done and we already have some patches waiting for Qt 4.6 to land, at
least one of which fixes a bug in trunk.

> Running trunk with 4.6 right now (there are some post-4.6 tp1 regressions
>  in QtGui, but tp1 should work fine).

i think it probably makes sense to keep kde-qt sync'd to tagged milestones
rather than track the day-to-day bleeding edge. people who want that can get
it easily enough. :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se