Regarding QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath() and stripping the path from argv[0] in KCmdLineArgs

Johannes Sixt j.sixt at viscovery.net
Thu Oct 15 13:12:00 BST 2009

David Faure schrieb:
> $ konqueror --help
> Usage: konqueror [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [...]
> shows "konqueror", not the internal appname (from kcomponentdata, could be
> different in some cases I guess), nor the full path to konqueror.

Side note: This form of invocation does not add the full path to argv[0]!!
You would have to run

   $ /usr/bin/konqueror --help

to demonstrate that the path is really stripped.

For this reason, I doubt that using QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath()
will make a difference, unless FreeBSD offers some other method to derive
the application path and if QCoreApplication uses that method.

-- Hannes