[Sebastian, Will, Alexander] Problems compiling kdebase-4.3 due to trig

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Nov 24 20:53:00 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 24 November 2009, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > What does that mean ? Would nepomuk still work if the generated files
> > (from raptor/trig) were put into svn and generated only on demand by
> > those who know what they are doing ?
> > Is the redland and raptor/trig stuff also necessary at runtime or only at
> > buildtime ?
>
> No, Nepomuk does not work without the raptor parser and redland backend.
> The parser is used in the ontology service which is essential for
> queries. The redland backend is used in several places where temporary
> memory RDF models are necessary.

Ok, and what about compile time ?
What would you think about checking in the files generated by the trig
plugin ?
We can add a custom target which regenerates these files, but which has to be
called (built) explicitely. Usually by you when you know something changed,
then you can regenerate the files once and commit these changed files.
Do you see any potential problems with this ?

Alex