chess and barcelona

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Nov 9 19:09:21 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 08 November 2009, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Diumenge, 8 de novembre de 2009, Inge Wallin va escriure:

> which

> Barcelona

> sure
> > >
> > > I think this reasoning is wrong.  KDE is not just the desktop
> environment
> > >  any more, it's the toolkit, including kdelibs and the community.
> > > Nowadays KDE applications are cross platform, and the more we can get
> > > into the mobile devices and make our apps run on small form factors the
> > > better.
> > >
> > > Development for Maemo is just our next frontier.
> >
> > We disagree here :-)
> >
> > As part of the KDE community I care the less for Maemo until it ships
> KDE,
> >  it shipping Qt is cool because means i have knowledge to code for it if
> >  feel like, it gives me more job opportunities, and probably creates more
>
> well, the opportunity for Maemo to ship KDE should also be created, if we
> don't push it i doubt that will happen any day, if we show that using
> kdelibs
> there besides Qt can have clear advantage could instead make it happen, and
> being on a potentially successful smartphone platform is indeed -very-
> interesting
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

Sure, but I think that's up to Nokia (not even the maemo community, afaik).
So if Nokia decides to trust KDE by introducing our software in their
systems KDE will be able to get involved into maemo. Until that happens it's
just about choosing who to hack for.
I'm not sure what you mean by push KDE into maemo since I think it's been
working there for some time already, never tried that though.

Aleix