Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Nov 4 00:50:45 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 17:10:19 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2009-11-03, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > >
> > > KDEHOME is easy: $HOME/.kde is not set
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/Environment_Variables
> > >#K DE HOME
> >
> > No.  Some distribs change the default to .kde4 (there is a cmake flag to
> > change it, and it can be set to anything)
>
> You mean they change the default but forget to apply the same change to Qt?

You act like you're surprised. ;)

Besides, the end user can just as well toggle that switch as the packager if
they build from source (and that's not the entire point of Olivier's patch
anyways).

> Maybe startkde could set KDEHOME to localprefix if it is not set yet?

That wouldn't be a bad idea either, it's easier just to always have KDEHOME
set than special-casing it.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne