Qt KDE integration in kdereview.

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 21:13:32 GMT 2009

Le Tuesday 03 November 2009, Lubos Lunak a écrit :
> On Tuesday 03 of November 2009, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Qt will load the Kde plugin if the Qt application is running on KDE
> >
> > The Plugin currently provides:
> >   * Reading the KDE style name from the config
> >   * Reading the KDE palette from The KDE config
> >   * Finding the right icon them for QIcon::fromTheme
> >   * Some Options such as the toolbar icon size, or the single/double
> > click options
>
>  Wouldn't it be better to just go with XSETTINGS[*] for (some of) these? It
> would save special-casing them for each X11 desktop and would also solve
>  the problem of running some app as a different user or remotely (at least,
>  that's the theory, having a better look at XSETTINGS is somewhere in my
> TODO-when-I-have-too-much-time).
>
> [*]http://standards.freedesktop.org/xsettings-spec/xsettings-spec-0.5.html

XSETTINGS could be used for the icon theme.  but It's not used in practice,
and Qt just follow the practice.  And even if it was, we would still need to
use the same mechanism as KDE for 100% reliability.

Qt use XSettings (or similar) for the palette. But it doesn't work well as
both gtk and kde have more colors in their palette than what is exposed
thought the x settings.

>  You could probably short-circuit some of the stuff in QDesktopServices
> directly to the KDE calls instead of all the black magic there.

xdg-open is used.  This is not black magic
(But this is a good point that it could be short-circuited)