overhaul of some kcm appearance

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:12:18 GMT 2009

> Hmm, ok. What can we do to improve here ?
> Do we need to improve here ?
> Maybe (actually I hope) in a few years KDE libraries will be available
> easily everywhere, I mean also Windows and OSX, and they will just be
> already there. Qt being LGPL now should help a lot in this regard.
> Or should we make it easier to build parts of kdelibs separately ?
> Or structure kdelibs a bit like kdebase, with a set of "core" libraries
> (kdecore, kdeui, kio, kfile), and some not so-core stuff, like e.g.
> katepart, lkhtml, plasma, ftp and http ioslaves, kdoctools, etc. ?

I know nothing about libraries, and maybe this is OT for the origin of this
thread, but... would it make sense perhaps to separate plasma-theming stuff
from the main libplasma stuff? seems like what began as "plasma" theming is
becoming "kde-desktop" theming (as opposed to kde-application theming).
or does that not make sense because all the desktop stuff is almost always
going to be used with plasma-desktop anyways?
would it hurt anything to have it more split up?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com