enhance KRecentFilesAction with a ui action to remove entries

Valerio Pilo valerio at kmess.org
Sun Mar 8 14:49:47 GMT 2009

On domenica 08 marzo 2009 15:34:11 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 08.03.09 15:22:05, Christoph Pfister wrote:
> > 2009/3/8 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > > On 07.03.09 18:24:51, Christoph Pfister wrote:
> > > And why?
> >
> > Ever heard of privacy?
>
> You mean like hiding from your parents that you watched a forbidden movie?
>
> :)

Or getting rid of a bunch of temp movies you previewed while video editing; or
hiding the names of mp3s for a compilation you're going to give as a surprise
gift; or avoiding a supervisor to find out you've been playing a movie instead
of working; or hiding proof you've been writing a CV to your current employer
.... Privacy has really a bunch of aspects.

I'd love having such an UI entry in all programs which offer a list of
recently used files, not only video/audio/photo apps; ie KOffice, KRita,
K3b... There's a lot!

> :
> > Instead of putting the option to clear the recent files list somewhere in
> > the application settings, it's imho better to have an option to enable
> > where it visually belongs to.
>
> There usualy is not even such an option anywhere in the GUI.

The proposed position would be the perfect spot for it, logically.

Kind regards,
Valerio Pilo
--
KMess developer team
-- KMess - the Windows Live Messenger alternative for KDE --