KFileMetaInfo issue

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:16:21 BST 2009

2009/6/10 Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org>:
> There are two solutions when using Strigi:
> 1. Hack Strigi to support a fastest flag -> a lot of work I think. Probably
>   not worth it, seeing that there are still analyzers to be ported.

This can be done without hacking strigi but by subclassing
AnalyzerConfiguration.
That class determines how much information should be retrieved. You
can there set the maximal number of bytes allowed to be read.
If you 'hack' the stream you feed strigi to have a maximal lenght, you
can receive wrong results, because strigi then thinks the file ends
prematurely.

Cheers,
Jos