Kill KIO (was: Repositioning the KDE brand)

nf2 nf2.email at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:56:43 BST 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Evgeny
Egorochkin<phreedom.stdin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 17 July 2009 00:37:29 nf2 wrote:
>>
>> I believe that's rather a matter of just wanting it. If KDE wants it,
>> there will be ways to make it work.
>
> KDE wanting or not wanting it also depends on effort involved to make it work
> and benefits it brings.

Of course.

>> The benefit would be a standard filemangement layer for the
>> freedesktop platform.
>
> Standard doesn't mean good or useful unf.

Not necessarily, that's right. But in this case i think it would be
good and useful. I think it would not only solve that "lack of common
platform" problem in this particular area, but improve the
filemanagement experience within KDE as well. Especially when working
with file-servers.

Cheers,
Norbert