update the feature plan!

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 21 22:47:18 GMT 2009

On 21.01.09 23:17:15, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:48:42PM +0100, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > While I agree with the fact that the listing of the mail addresses is
> > not good spam-wise, I still have to point out that all our mail
> > addreses are public anyway (mailing lists, e.g. kde-commits, lots of
> > mirrors).
> >
> you do realize that mailing list archives, websvn and about everything
> else obfuscates or at least does not link addresses? "your" page is
> currently the only major "hole" in the protection i'm aware of.

Uhm, not quite. markmail doesn't (where most/all kde lists are
mirrored), pgpkeys doesn't, bugs.debian.org doesn't either. And thats
just from the first page of googling your mail address. BTW: Google also
finds lists.kde.org when searching for your email adress, i.e. it
already recognizes () and !. Or the debian archives.

> > that's why I think investing too much time into this simply does not
> > make sense (read: I won't fix it) ;)
> >
> from a sysadmin perspective this is completely inacceptable. i'm
> wondering whether i should simply shut down the page until you decide
> that it *is* worth investing some minutes into fixing it.

Personally I simply don't care anymore, I'm getting quite a bit of spam
every day, but luckily my spam filters are still good enough to filter
out >95% of it. In fact I'd say that I don't believe in obfuscation at
all, it simply doesn't help fighting the spam (at least from my
experience).

Andreas

--
You will gain money by an immoral action.