KParts / plugi loading and encoding

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Feb 27 16:12:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

once more an encoding problem...

KParts Plugin::loadPlugin() currently needs a const char * as libname
which is wrong (it also superflous because it gets converted back to a
QString when KLibLoader::createInstance() is called).

Therefore I wanted to deprecate this function and add loadPlugin() which
takes a QString. While this looks BC to me it's not SC because it will
break compile when a QByteArray is given to loadPlugin.
-->
loadPlugin( parent, QFile::encodeName( library ) ) will result in error
about a ambiguous call to loadPlugin... :(

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thx,
Christian