Power Management problems

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Feb 16 18:50:00 GMT 2009

I have been running kernel 2.6.24.7 but I upgraded my processor and the
thermal sensors changed, so I was forced to upgrade to 2.6.28.4. Everything is
working now, even things that did not before, but powermanagement in kde is
awful now!

The battery plasmoid nolonger notifies me of being ac powered or not, if I
unplug the power none of the settings change.

What do systems to the power management features rely on? I would like to make
sure I have everything in my kernel that needs to be there, or that something
hasn't changed...?

Any hints? I have all the same APM and ACPI features built as modules that I
did before, so I'm at a loss what might be causing this...

KDE 4.2.0 btw.

Nathan