Minimal kdelibs on embedded platforms

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Dec 1 16:13:05 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 01 of December 2009, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> > Second, KDE libraries often need KDE services running and/or installed.
> > That is, kdebase/runtime, plus kdeinit, klauncher, kded, kglobalaccel,
> > etc.
>
> With my commercial software developer hat on, I must say that those,
> and DBus, are the only things preventing us from adopting KDElibs and
> KOfficeLibs for Windows software development: lots of processes
> spawned, maybe conflicting versions of Qt (Qt with DBus vs Qt without
> DBus, for instance), etc

 Unless all you want to hear is "oh, so sad", I think you should also put on
your KDE developer hat and say what you suggest as the fix. Are we to
redesign kdelibs just because Windows has some serious deficiencies?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 084 672
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz