RFC: A Qt-only library in kdesupport

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Aug 13 10:06:25 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:01:50PM +0100, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Many classes in kdelibs are extensions of functionality provided by
> Qt, but would be useful to any Qt using application. I'm thinking
> proxy models (extending Interview functionality), and some rich text
> stuff I've written and more that I'm planning to write (extending
> Scribe functionality).

the best way to get non-platform (i.e., "generic") kde code to be used
by many qt-only developers is of course contributing the code upstream.
of course, bigger feature contributions pose a problem due to issues of
long-term maintenance and support, but we (qtdf) will have to figure
this out anyway if we are serious about the open contribution model.