Flags, was Fwd: translatoid

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 6 23:09:08 BST 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 6:23:22 am Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> check this out:
>
> 	http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_flags
>
> flags are not copyrightable, so we could just suck all those svg's into
> KDE, and generate pixmaps in common sizes (leave the SVGs for odd sizes
> too)! huzzah!

Heh, heh!  I wish you luck!  The Czech Republic has 612 flags in that
collection, of which 2, AFAIK are the actual national flag, a portrait
version and a landscape version.  Even little old Australia has 29 flags,
including one for each State, one for each State Governor, one for each
outlying island ...

Cheers, Ian W.